Pharmacy Care your Patient Deserves
Better Adherence = Healthier Patients = Happier Providers
Healthcare is Changing
- High health care costs are unsustainable
- Affordable Care Act shifts focus to value-based health care models
- Doctors and hospitals will be reimbursed or penalized for health of patient populations
Why is compliance important?
- Medication adherence continues to be among the top factor of hospital readmissions
- 1 in 4 patients who receive a prescription never fill it
- 1 in 3 patients that start a medication discontinue it on their own
Why should you care?
- 1 in 2 doctors are not aware of their patient’s full medication regimen
- Prescribers need support to succeed with their 5-star ratings
- Proactive readmission prevention programs are the way of the future
- Diabetes (n=21): baseline PDC adherence of 69% rose on average by 43%
- Hypertension (n=45): baseline PDC adherence of 71% rose on average by 39%
- CAD (n=16): baseline PDC of 68% rose on average by 45%
- CHF: (n=12) baseline PDC adherence of 67% rose on average by 47%
- Overall aggregate improved adherence rate jumped from 99% from a 72% baseline
How do we do it?
- Synchronization: ALL medications filled on the same day every month
- Comprehensive Medication Review: Including OTC’s and non-oral’s
- CentennialCare Packaging: The CarePack. Medications organized chronologically and customized to each individual patient’s needs
We do the work for you…
- Comprehensive Medication Review with pharmacist
- Manage all refills, transfers, and physician communications
- Hand delivers medications to the patient’s door every month
- Provides monthly updated medication lists to patients and all health care providers
… So you can focus on your patients!
- Free up nurses and staff for better patient care and enhanced job satisfaction
- Eliminated outdated, expired, and discontinued medications from the home
- Improve patient outcomes, lower hospital readmissions, and improve communication between all health care providers!
If you are interested in partnering with Centennial Pharmacy contact:
*These figures are based on information from http://www.pharmacypracticenews.com/ViewArticle.aspx?d=Technology&d_id=52&i=February+2015&i_id=1149&a_id=29420