Home health care is one of the fastest growing entities in health care! Decrease your team’s time spent on medications, increase your team’s productivity, and provide your patients the pharmacy care they deserve.
Why is compliance important?
- 1 in 4 patients who receive a prescription never fill it
- 1 in 3 patients that start a medication discontinue it on their own
- Medication adherence continues to be among top factor of hospital readmissions
Why should you care?
- Medication adherence can keep patients at home longer
- Medication errors are a major cause of hospitalizations & nursing home placements
- Pressure is on nurses/caregivers to assure patient safety in in home
- Diabetes (n=21): baseline PDC adherence of 69% rose on average by 43%
- Hypertension (n=45): baseline PDC adherence of 71% rose on average by 39%
- CAD (n=16): baseline PDC of 68% rose on average by 45%
- CHF: (n=12) baseline PDC adherence of 67% rose on average by 47%
- Overall aggregate improved adherence rate jumped from 99% from a 72% baseline
How do we do it?
- Synchronization: ALL medications filled on the same day every month
- Comprehensive Medication Review: Including OTC’s and non-oral’s
- CentennialCare Pack Packaging: Medications organized chronologically and customized to each individual patient’s needs
We do the work for you…
- Comprehensive Medication Review with pharmacist
- Manage refills, transfers and physician communications
- Hand delivers medications to the patient’s door every month
- Provides monthly updated medication lists to all health care providers
…So you can focus on your patients!
- Free up nurses for better patient care and enhanced job satisfaction
- Eliminate outdated, expired and discontinued medications from the home
- Decease home health care’s liability on medications
- Improve patient outcomes, lower hospital readmissions, & improve communication between all healthcare providers!
Interested in CentennialCare?
Contact: Lindsay at 215-850-9552 or L.Dymowski@centennialpharmacy.com
*These figures are based on information from http://www.pharmacypracticenews.com/ViewArticle.aspx?d=Technology&d_id=52&i=February+2015&i_id=1149&a_id=29420